Sunday, February 22, 2015

Links I Love


Happy Sunday Out of the Boat readers!

What's up this week...

It's a birthday week here at the Blackburn house. Emma turns 12 today (Sunday) and Drew turns 4 on Tuesday. We have a birthday party at a local fire house scheduled for this afternoon. There will be lots of cake, allergy free blondies, presents, and fun.

It's awesome, but I have no idea how my baby girl is already 12.
And my BABY is 4! Yikes! 

A writing update 

In case you missed it, Covert Justice has a cover! So fun.

I did make some significant progress on Book 2 this week. Not quite as much as I'd hoped for, thanks to the weather craziness we had here, but at least I moved the story forward.


A little link love

Some of my favorite finds this week. Maybe you'll find something that inspires or encourages you. Or maybe it tickles your funny bone. Note: Not all of these posts are from Christian sources. Occasional salty language is possible. 


Faith and Family

The Day God Forgot His Call on My Life - Amazing post from my friend, Lori Roeleveld.

What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do - Wisdom from Michael Hyatt that closely mirrors something my dad has told me a lot. When you're feeling overwhelmed, just do the next thing. Don't worry about the list, just take the next thing you need to do and do that. Good stuff here!


Fiction 

Instagram for Writers - Great tips! I have an Instagram account, but I don't use it that often. This post has inspired me to give it another try.

Why You Should Write With All the Senses . . . Except Sight - Fascinating post from The Write Practice

Fitness, Food, and Fun

Chick-fil-A Rival Chicken Strips - Great recipe from Life Made Full. I wouldn't go so far as to say these are as good as Chick-fil-A, but they were very tasty and this is a recipe that everyone in the house enjoyed. 

Where Do Burpees Come From? - The history of my most hated exercise. 


****

That's it for this week.
I'm going to enjoy my family and friends this afternoon. I hope you have the chance to do the same!

May your week be filled with grace and peace,

Lynn

0 comments: