Saturday, April 25, 2015

Writing Update and Links I Love - April 25th Edition

Covert Justice
Covert Justice goes on sale in just six weeks!

Members of Harlequin's Readers Service have already received their copy, and Covert Justice is starting to get some love. 

My dear friend and mentor, Lynette Eason, has given Covert Justice a fabulous endorsement.



And Leslie R. McKee reviewed it for Romantic Times and gave Covert Justice 4 stars. Here's what she had to say...



Isn't that lovely! 

I'm working on my Fiction Newsletter that will go out to my newsletter subscribers next week. Newsletter subscribers get behind-the-scenes info on my writing, including an exclusive deleted scene from Covert Justice. If you haven't signed up yet, the signup form is in the sidebar. Or you can go here...

Yes, I want to signup for your newsletter!

I'm also hard at work on a new book. I'd so appreciate your prayers for this story. Writing a book while preparing for the release of another book is challenging. It's a little bit (a very little bit!) like having your second child. 

When you had your first baby, you could put all your energy into that little bundle of joy. But when the second one comes along, you need to nurture and feed and stay up late with this new creation, while still giving your firstborn lots of time and attention as well. 

It's a challenge to adjust to the new demands, but eventually, you find your rhythm.

With my books, I'm still in the "challenging" stage, but every now and then I get hints and glimmers of a manageable rhythm, so I'm pressing on.

For your weekend...here are a few finds from the internet that caught my eye!

Faith
My friend, Lori Roeleveld, has been writing some powerful posts about love. Start with this one, What Hope When Murderers Reign, and then be sure to read the next severals posts and allow these truths about LOVE to sink deep.

Fiction and Fun (well, fun might not be the right word...) 
I was so sad to hear about Jonathan Crombie's passing. (I may have watched all of Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Green Gables, the Sequel...in one day...) From Buzzfeed, here are 25 Times Gilbert Blythe from "Anne of Green Gables" Melted Your Heart. 

Family
Loved this perspective from Modern Mrs. Darcy - Balance Isn't a See-Saw. It's a game of Twister.

Food
And another one from Modern Mrs. Darcy - My Favorite Things to Buy at Trader Joe's

Fitness
Fitness is more than just hitting the gym. Hitting your pillow and getting a full night of sleep is crucial. I enjoyed this post from Michael Hyatt on Sleep and Your Productivity

Grace & peace,
Lynn

0 comments: